1) Acceptance. Take time to accept yourself, life and others just as you/it/they are. Judging or resisting something holds you bound and captive to it. Acceptance in itself brings freedom of mind and heart, and also helps letting go and forgiveness which also bring freedom.
2) Let go of whatever may be limiting your freedom…whether that is a belief, story, situation, thought, feeling, doubt, piece of past, habit, comfort zone, control, guilt, a grievance, fear, etc. Reflect on what may be holding you back at this time. Then choose to let that go. Now also let go of the past. Don’t let past pains and problems pollute your present. You’ll never feel free if chained to your past, even a beautiful one, so let it go to regain your presence and power and to create the space to birth and allow in all that is for your highest now.
3) Catch yourself when you say shoulds, musts, cant’s and ought tos. Stop using them. Doing so frees you to choose in a more open way.
5) Connect to your heart and do more of what you love! Not doing so will leave you feeling trapped, stuck, and confined because you are not expressing or living the joys of your soul’s truth and preferences.
6) Quit the blaming and complaining and release any victim or martyr patterns or stories. Begin to tell the story of what you are looking forward to.
7) Check your beliefs – if there’s an area of your life in which you don’t feel free, what are your beliefs there? What beliefs are standing in the way of that freedom – be that a freedom in relationships, abundance, work, life, etc.
8) Befriend and transcend your fears. Face, acknowledge and release any that are standing in the way of you experiencing the freedom your heart desires. You may need to step out of your comfort zone to allow that freedom.
9) Quiet the monkey mind – through stillness, meditation, yoga, a nature walk, or whatever it is that helps you personally find peace of mind and hush the ‘yamma yamma’ of ego thinking. Ultimately a lack of freedom exists in the mind, and in the beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, and feelings that may be impinging on your inherent freedom. Accessing higher states of being, mind and awareness will open you to higher perspectives and help free you the tape-loops and hamster wheels of limited thinking and conditioning.
10) Love, love, love – yourself, others and the world. Forgive yourself. Love brings freedom by returning you to the truth of who you are and the true nature of reality. It fulfills the greatest joy of being alive, frees your heart and spirit, heals you and releases you from ego traps and lower constricting states.