- Scientists in the growing field of mind/body medicine know now that disease isn’t as much of an external force as it is an intimate relationship between our immune system and our nervous system-called psych-neuro immunology.
- It is now a fact, that fear and anxiety (our thoughts and feelings) can impact our health just as much as a long list of cancer risk factors.
- Chemicals secreted by the nervous system cell endings in the skin which are close to the immune system white blood cells, can shut down nearby immune system cells. So, stress and anxiety suppress our immune system.
- It was noted that if cancer patients talk (express their fearful and anxious feelings) in support groups, they are found to have a better immune response and faster recovery time. Cancer, diabetes, heart disease are the result of complex interactions among multiple genes and environmental factors. Thus, altering our environment with positive thoughts is said to help healing.
How to “Talk” to your cells:
- Daily, give gratitude and appreciation of the gift of your body. Our body is the sacred temple of our spirit and the expression of our consciousness.
- Develop compassion for your body, for yourself, since regardless of how out of balance your body may have become, it is so resilient and still retains the information necessary to return to balance.
So begin with gratitude and watch for Part 2 in an upcoming blog!
Smiles, Janine Hutchinson