Opening Your Heart Center to Love
The heart chakra IS the heart of the matter.
February is HEART month. On a more metaphysical level we can ask ourselves, are we open to fully give and receive love? The energetic key to this aspect is found in our Heart Chakra.
The heart chakra is known as Anahata in Sanskrit. The word anahata means “unhurt, un-struck, and unbeaten.” Imagine feeling like nothing can hurt you, nothing negative is coming at you, and you are on top of all situations in your life. Imagine being able to love unconditionally! That is the provenance of the heart chakra.
When you clear and balance your fourth chakra, the result is you grow spiritually. It is in the heart chakra that you connect to universal love and dissolve the illusion of separateness. It is here you can heal, both emotionally and physically. When you open your heart to love, you can forgive yourself and others, connect deeply to others, rise above the lower emotions of anger, hatred, and envy, and rise to a higher state of consciousness. In the heart center you experience peace and deep inner balance.
An open heart chakra is actually felt by others near you and is beautiful. It is the center of compassion, altruism, devotion, and the ability to accept that all the circumstances of your life are within the divine order.
However, most of us have built walls around our heart chakra to protect ourselves from getting hurt again. A blocked heart chakra can make you feel defensive, or you may be critical, controlling, withdrawn, or afraid of letting go. You are likely to feel lonely, and think of others as being separate from you. Your life may be full of suffering, emotionally and physically.
So how can you open your heart and bring that center into balance?
Here’s a few tips:
- Get out in nature. The color of the heart center is green. Let the green of nature start the process of healing for you.
- As you meditate, visualize green light filling and surrounding your heart center.
- Say it is safe and allow yourself to receive love, including loving yourself!
- Love others unselfishly, not demanding anything in return.
- Be thankful. Gratitude is a great way to stop finding fault in everyone around you.
- Learn to forgive. A lot of heart chakra blockage is caused by not letting go of past hurts.
- Move your body. Try a practice like yoga or tai chi to gently let go of stiffness and open your heart center.
- Work with a compassionate and proficient therapist (like myself) to deal with relationships that need healing and with releasing deep emotional wounds.
- Use affirmations such as: “I am loved,” “I give and receive love freely” and “I am connected to everything in the universe.”
As you do these, you open your heart, your ability to love grows. You go beyond what we think of as love (the affection and warmth we feel for someone) to unconditional love (love as a force that comes through you and has no attachment) and on to universal love, where you understand that love is the Source of your own being. You will be a more caring and joyous individual.
If you resonate with feeling a need to heal your heart center, I warmly invite you to contact me to discuss the natural, safe and quick therapies that help do exactly that!