If you’re tired of self-judgement, of trying to be someone you’re not, then it’s time to let go of seeking validation from others.
It’s time to be exactly who you are. That’s freedom!
The most splendid achievement of all is the constant striving to surpass yourself and to be worthy of your own approval. ~ Denis Waitley
Here are some tips I found that offer lovingkindness. like a big warm HUG!
- Be your own best friend. You cause your own pain and suffering when you don’t recognize the need to love and approve of yourself. Give yourself the love and acceptance that you want from others and your neediness will subside.
- An opinion is only a story. What someone thinks or says about you is only their perception. Perhaps that day their perception was distorted by their own pain and wasn’t really about you at all! Don’t allow anyone to define who you are or what you’re all about. Don’t allow others to decide your worthiness. You are connected to the Divine and are worthy.
- Think well of yourself. Remind yourself that the unasked-for opinions of others don’t matter. Don’t allow anyone to bring you down. That person may be acting like that only to make themselves look better, again not about you. Treat yourself with respect. Celebrate who you are. You deserve the best that life has to offer.
- Observe yourself. Gently notice how you are around others and what you say and do to disconnect from your authentic self. How do you give away precious pieces of yourself to fit in? Learn to make the choices that are right for you.
- Make a decision to stop. Stop pretending to be someone you’re not. Stop hiding who you really are. Stop feeling pressured to go along with something you don’t believe in. Who you really are IS vibrant, true and desrves to be heard!